Offline gaming is a thing of the past thanks to programmes like Game Recorder. Now, thanks to advancements in technology, a wide range of mobile games have swept the gaming industry.
PUBG’s recent rise in popularity has revealed the extent to which young people and people of all ages are hooked on online gaming. When you record these games, you’ve got a new-age compulsion to do so.
One of every gamer’s lifelong ambitions is to record and then publish a video of themselves playing a game to YouTube. A wide range of game recording software has sprung up in response to these new developments. It is possible to record gameplay using game recording software. Screen recording and web overlay functionality are only two of the many tools available to consumers.
12 Top Windows and Mac Game Recording Software
We’ve compiled a list of the top Windows and Mac game recording apps below. A look at the list is in order.
Mirillis action is another name for this action. Screen recorder and game recording software that is the most popular and widely utilised Changing the background and cutting the image are both possible with this Action in Greenscreen mode.
It provides the smoothest real-time HD game recording experience thanks to its amazing gameplay recording performance.
- A live streaming capability is included in Action.
- It can record videos in resolutions as high as 2K, 3K, and even 4K!
- It supports AVI and MP4 file formats.
- It is possible to share the game recording via social media, such as YouTube or Facebook.
- Make your gaming recordings more engaging and unique by using the slow-motion option.
D3D is widely believed to be the quickest game recording programme. It doesn’t affect the performance of the other apps running in the background like other software.. It runs without a hitch and consumes very little CPU power.
- Recording and uploading videos to other platforms, such as YouTube, can be done quickly.
- It has the ability to save the video in several formats, including mp4, AVI, and so on.
- Customizable recording resolutions and frame rates are also available.
- You can also save the audio to a second audio track and give commands to the audio settings.
3. Windows 10 Game Bar
The following features are included in the Windows 10 2019 inbuilt update. You don’t need any additional software or apps to screen record your game on Windows 10. The Windows 10 gaming bar is simple to use. Press Windows + G to open the game bar function.
As soon as you press play, it will begin recording the game and any other applications you’re using at the same time. To return to the previous screen, simply press Windows + G once more. Instead, go to settings/gaming/game bar and enable it.
- It’s got the best feature, so you may utilise it fully.
- The Microsoft mixer makes it possible to broadcast video in real time to the rest of the globe.
4. OBS: Open Broadcaster Software
Recording games using open broadcaster software is completely free and open source. It’s a software that’s easy to use and doesn’t take up much space. These are pre-installed with a feature-rich software.
Facebook Live, Twitch, YouTube Live and more are all supported. In spite of the fact that the app is free, it does not fall behind in terms of video quality.
- It comes in a variety of styles.
- A free game screen recorder that also includes a paid version is available overseas.
- It has a flexible configuration feature.
- Windows, Linux, Mac, and the web are all supported.
5. WM Capture
WM captures are screen recorders that aren’t designed with gaming in mind, but can nevertheless be used to record gameplay. Full-screen and partial screen recording are also supported, as is high-quality resolution recording. MPEG, WMV, and DVD-ISC formats are supported. Movies are the primary focus of these recorders.
- A variety of regularly used video formats are supported, including MP4 and WMV.
- Ensure that the images are of the highest quality possible.
- Although not a game recorder, it can be used for recording.
- It’s simple to use and includes the essentials of a game recording programme.
An alternative to Windows Media Capture (WM Capture), Bandicam is a video and gaming recording application. In terms of features and value, Bandicam is an excellent choice. A variety of choices are included, including the ability to record, include logos, and edit the video in numerous ways.
Gamers can screen record their games with a simple piece of software. AVI files are generated and saved by fraps. After capturing the video using fraps, users have the option to convert it to MP4 at a later time. Real-time video recording is possible with Fraps. Direct X or Open GL graphics technology can be used with this software. While recording with Fraps, you can take a screenshot. This kind of programme provides excellent results. ‘
- There is a free version of Fraps.
- FPS (frames per second) is reported.
- Make an AVI recording of the file.
8. XSplit Gamecaster
Boom tools for gaming performance, XSplit Gamecaster. It’s an all-in-one solution for live streaming and recording. A good choice for gamers that value efficiency over complexity. There are very few setup and configuration options for X Splits games, making them extremely user-friendly. Give the user a satisfying and lifelike online experience.
- Support for Facebook, YouTube, and the Stunning capture card is enabled.
- Second, XSplit Gamecaster There are over 300 themes to choose from, each with a unique colour scheme and set of features.
- You can download the HD version for free, but there are also paid versions available.
- It’s simple to use and won’t cause any issues when swimming.
9. ShadowPlay – Nvidia
Game screen recording is a breeze using Nvidia shadow play. It is capable of both high-quality video recording and live streaming. Based on the new functionality, shadow play, Nvidia’s shadow play software is called shadow play. Excellent in terms of performance.
Only Nvidia graphics cards may be used with this programme, which is a major drawback.
- It’s free and simple to get started.
- For example, Facebook Live, twitch, or any other platform that can stream 720p at 30 frames per second to the world.
- It has the ability to record certain parts of the game, such as the end or the Special Task.
As the name suggests, the smart pixel is a cleverly designed piece of software that captures a user’s entire screen. It has three modes: recorder, camera, and producer. It’s simple to create a wide range of visual effects with clever pixel music. PIP mode, or picture-in-picture mode, can be used with the smart pixel to record the entire screen.
1. There are a wide range of modes to select from.
2. Two modes of operation are available: screen mode and PIP mode.
3. Windows 7 through Windows 10 are supported.
4. Offline free trial versions are available.
5. Master the art of audio production.
6. When using Smart Pixel, you can take advantage of numerous keyboard shortcuts.
7. Takes up a minimum amount of screen real estate.
11. MSI Afterburner
The MSI afterburner is a widely used graphics card software. It’s completely free. It has a lot in common with the Nvidia Geforce Experience. MSI afterburner has the ability to change the frame size and compression options for a video. A lot of control may be had over the video settings. MJPG, VFW, NVIZ, and RTV-1 are a few of the many types of formant. To begin recording, you’ll need to make a few configuration adjustments.
1. Widely utilised all around the world.
2. Display Nvidia-like characteristics.
3. Include all of the most frequent formats.
4. Some sort of configuration is involved.
Play.tv is really user-friendly. It begins recording as soon as you begin playing, and all of its options are clearly labelled. With Play.tv, you may see brief footage of tragic events like murders and bombings. An icon for Play TV appears on your television screen when you’ve finished recording or playing a game. One of the best things about Play.TV is how easy it is to use the various editing tools. For gamers that don’t give a shit about complex settings while playing the game, this is an excellent piece of software.
- It’s simple to use.
- Editing tools are excellent with this application.
- Recording should begin automatically.
- Allows for the editing of short clips.
Above, we’ve compiled a list of 14 of the finest screen-recording apps for games. For YouTube, using any of these softwares will help you make your video material more eye-catching and help your viewers better comprehend the game. Finally, using these programmes, you may preserve your gaming memories for a longer period of time!