Do you want to use your iPhone but you only have a pair of AirPods without a case? This is actually a rather typical scenario that looks complicated at first glance. Contrary to appearances, though, the process is straightforward.
A lot of people are unaware that you can pair and use AirPods with an iPhone or iPad even if the case isn’t there. The case isn’t even necessary to keep the AirPods linked up, as it lacks Bluetooth functionality.
iPhone users typically listen to music and podcasts via Apple’s AirPods. Because of the Bluetooth connection, they don’t have to worry about wires. The AirPods’ stylish carrying case serves three purposes:
- Put the AirPods on charge.
- Keep the AirPods in one piece and safe.
- Connecting AirPods for the first time to an electronic gadget.
The AirPods’ casing is irrelevant to their use outside of these circumstances. It can be used to wirelessly charge the AirPods. The pods themselves are the only thing that needs to be done. It acts as a backup battery for them.
In addition, you’ll need the case when you’re first setting up your AirPods with your iPhone. The case isn’t required for pairing if the AirPods are already on the device.
An Easy Workaround (Trick) for Pairing AirPods Devoid of Their Case
If you’ve already linked your AirPods with your iPhone and wish to reconnect them without the cover, follow these steps:
- Swiping down from the screen’s upper-right corner grants access to the Settings menu.
Now, on the Control Center’s upper right, press and hold the audio card.
- When it’s at full size, tap the AirPlay icon to stream audio and video from your device.
Lastly, select AirPods from the list of accessible Bluetooth devices and tap “Done.”
- AirPods can then be used without further ado because they will have automatically paired with your iPhone. If the AirPods don’t appear in the list, it’s because they are either out of charge or haven’t been linked with your device yet.
The only time you’ll need the AirPods’ case is during the initial pairing process. AirPods don’t need the case to connect if they’ve been paired before and aren’t unpaired.
How do AirPods Function, Exactly?
Start by pairing your AirPods with your iOS smartphone and adjusting the volume to your liking.
The AirPods are shaped differently to fit the left and right ears respectively. Each set of earbuds has a little “L” and “R” printed on the wire that connects the two, in case you are confused about which one goes in which ear.
To ensure a snug fit in the ear’s natural notch, insert the earpieces with the stem pointing straight down.
The AirPods do not come with a power switch. Accelerometers and optical sensors allow them to detect when they have been placed in your ear and begin processing your audio immediately. In addition, when you take them out, the sound will immediately stop.
The functionality of your AirPods can change based on the model you have:
- It is possible to answer and end calls with a double touch on any AirPods model.
- Double-tapping the original AirPods in either ear will activate Siri. Siri is used to manage audio playback; commands such as “play,” “pause,” “lower volume,” “return to the previous song,” and “skip song” can be issued to Siri.
- On the second generation of Apple’s AirPods, twice tapping an earbud will cause the music to skip to the next track. Say “Hey Siri” to get Siri’s attention. You can customise your AirPods such that double tapping does something else in the settings.